Sunday, February 25, 2007

Brooklyn Council Elections

Alice B has been covering Dr. Mathieu Eugene's campaign for the city council seat in Brooklyn's 40th district. Dr. Eugene won the run-off election this past Tuesday, but as Alice B reports, the official confirmation has been put off until he moves into his district.

Once I realized that I was running out of time to cover Dr. Eugene's election, I was all set to let it pass and limit my musings to a congratulatory nod. However, now that this address schism has manifested, I can't help but laugh at the irony. Here I am a Haitian man running for President of the Caribbean from my Brooklyn abode, but it's the Haitian man running for a city council seat who ends up in the address scandal.

The lesson here mes amis is that you can't make this stuff up.

Pelerin 89

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice B. said...

Hey Pelerin,
Well said! :-)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home